Saturday, May 24, 2008

Tradeoffs

So we played Mainstage again tonight, and I decided it's my second favorite venue even though they always fuck things up during our set. We got shafted on time, and didn't even go on until about 10:15. When we did, I looked out to find our closest friends still there to see us. I love everyone who was there. Everyone who sang gets extra points in my book.

Musically speaking, my friends are amazing. Everyone has something to offer, and I force it out of them. One in particular is getting a bigger part next time.

I sang the best show of my life, to date, tonight. I jumped octaves and went higher than I ever have before. About 80% of us are really tight, and always play great. The rest is in serious need of work. It's a tradeoff for now, but really needs to be improved.

I sang mostly for someone who wasn't there, and a bit for someone who was.

Life is funny; it's impossible to predict anything at all.

a $100 guarantee may result in us making 80 bucks.
A brand new set may surprise everyone.
And people who really need to speak up
May not even show enough face to save themselves.




Distance is a bitch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you use your auto-tune as a crutch. you should lose it.