Sunday, May 11, 2008

Potential

The first thing my mom gave me before I left for school was the Dr. Seuss book Oh, The Places You'll Go! It's one of the simplest and blunt books about moving on that I've ever stumbled across. The last thing I put on my bookshelf at home today was that very book.

I spent two days packing my Jetta to full capacity, and then got everything home and ripped it all apart and unpacked immediately.

I have a lot of shit.

I threw out bags of crap and bagged a bunch of things for goodwill too, and I am now extremely happy with everything. I get huge anxiety right before switching places in any big way, and I needed to get everything out of boxes as soon as I got here. I obsessed over everything until it was all away, and it's now like I never left.

I have soo much musical equipment and so much room to show everything off - I just want to make stuff right now. My friend Dana is singing on a cover of "The Trophy Wife" by Park, and I made the music today. It felt amazing, and I feel like I can accomplish anything in here.

The next time I pick up the Dr. Seuss book, I'll be going on tour - I feel like it just needs to hang around now. It's a reminder of what can happen anywhere you are.

Theres a few wonderful people who help me do what I love, with only cursory knowledge of their deeds - if that much. Thank you.
You don't even know.

My advice for someone else,
Everything is going to be okay.

No comments: