Sunday, June 15, 2008

Reflect, project, deflect.

So between Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and this morning, I've had one of the best weeks in recent memory.

Amazing nights are more than an oddity these days, and I live for them. They involve nothing more than a hand for my holding and a head on my chest. I find that I am almost incapable of slowing down even for just a minute, but when the above and aforementioned conditions are met the entire world stops. I stay in place, the most comfortable I've felt in over a year. There's a short routine that accompanies this occurrence, and I sleep like the earth itself.

I feel safe, and I feel like I'm keeping her safe too. It's a perfect fit and a physical harmony which can be achieved for a few short hours of rest. It's what I look forward to every week, a chance to let go and really appreciate what it means to be happy.

On the other side of this amazing week,
I lost more than sixty minutes of my life which I will never get back.
I will continue in my current state,
And most likely not make a conscientious effort to converse in a similar manner again.
It's one thing to mean something more than you say,
It's entirely different to speak meaningless words.

No comments: