Monday, June 16, 2008

For once...

I am out of words. Two of the most important people in my life had harder days than I could even relate to. One I couldn't even address, the other I promised I would try to help out.
There's this unmistakable line between what should be said and what we can only think about saying. The problem is that this line is almost impossible to find until you stumble over it onto the wrong side. It doesn't even apply to just the situation at hand - there's things I want to say, but I'm not sure if it would make the situation even harder or not.

This only applies to one of the situations:
There's this moment where the appropriate use of power is not easily identifiable, and I'm at it now. Part of me has the weight to force consistency and ignore the input of other people. I could pull that card, but it's not my place because of politics and democracy.
It felt like someone shot the messenger.

I just want to hug both of them. To one I'd apologize that I couldn't do more. The other I would just hold as tightly as possible, and hope the meaning is transferred. This is a self-testing of how much someone can say, without saying anything at all.

I've been sick to my stomach all day for both parties.
I love you both.

No comments: