Sunday, June 22, 2008

Bits of broken glass muffin

So tonight was the first step in a new direction.
First show in the van, first time at tuscan, first time without...

It was weird for me, but this is like my job now and I do it proudly. There was some uneasiness in the air, but not enough to distract from the heat. I drank half a gallon of water today, and sweat it back out, and then some.

I realized today what a cool thing having your own microphone is. The gross thing is that you accumulate particles and saliva and shit from every show. The amazing thing is that you're creating a physical register of everywhere you've been and played. That mic is important to me. After just a few shows, I would rather use mine (even if it was all beat up) than a brand new one.

There's always a few kids we affect too. You can tell when they come in skeptical and leave with a distinct look. I don't care if it's disgust or awe, I'm just glad to have made a mark. I met at least ten people tonight that had never heard us - they all appreciated and enjoyed the set.

Maybe as much as I enjoyed playing it?
Hell no.

No comments: