Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Jealousy

I talked about this with a friend today,

I'm not jealous of millionaires.
I'm not jealous of rock stars.
I'm not jealous of mad scientists.

I'm jealous of birds and fish.
I can't fly, and I can't swim to save my life.
I wish I could fly, so that I could get where I wanted and leave a situation whenever I pleased.
I wish I could swim, so that I wouldn't doggy paddle like an idiot in any body of water bigger than a toilet, and so that I could breathe underwater.

If you're lucky, you might grow up to be a millionaire or a rock star or a scientist (I want to be one, gimme a break), but you can't ever fly or swim underwater indefinitely without help.

That's why we have helicopters and airplanes and boats and submarines.
I'd rather be the machine than the person inside.
That way I'd be built for the things I couldn't do.

It would be nice to be that way, so that when people invented new versions of people parts, I could be upgraded and improved.

Then again, I could just strive to improve myself...

Yeah.

1 comment:

frubafreak17 said...

i wish I could fly and swim too.
I can't swim... at all.
I sink. No one believes me until I show them :P
Here's what we do. We make a gene that gives us the ability to swim and breathe underwater... and I'll get my Rocket-science friend to build jet packs :P
Interesting blog here. :]