Monday, June 9, 2008

Liner notes

I wrote our liner notes tonight, and decided to put one more track on the upcoming CD. This means I have more work to do tomorrow, but I'm really excited about it.
Who remembers "Your Best, Your Last"?

The realization hit that I should save stuff that we made (like our first CD) because if we get rid of it all, we won't have a master copy ever again. I ran to the merch box and stole out an EP and our sticker.

The concept of never again is hard for me to wrap my brain around. Once our EP is gone, it will share the quality of extinction with awesome things like dinosaurs and dodo birds.

I'm being over-dramatic, actually. I just hate letting go of the last anything, be it a cookie, idea, kiss, anything.

It's like saying goodbye and sending something on its way.

I hate goodbyes, which must by why some old tracks found their way onto the new CD.

If anybody reads this damn thing, they're probably sick of hearing about the fucking CD, and I'm getting tired of writing about it. I wonder what I'll be writing about when it's sent to presses and all done.

Probably about falling in love, the problems of distance and the cost of gas, and how I can't seem to give up my girl pants.

Stay tuned for girl pants.

No comments: