Saturday, June 28, 2008

Leftovers

My sternum and collarbone fucking hurt. I'm finally lined for the tattoo I talked about forever ago. I actually look forward to this pain - getting this sort of PERMANENT work done is such a huge deal that I want to feel like I've earned it. It's slightly masochistic, but it makes me realize what I'm doing and how bad I want to be there.
When it hurts the most is the best part, ironically. When the tattoo gun hits a bone, your whole body starts to vibrate as the little needle pulls in and out and gets stuck for a moment in the bone. When it comes out, you're tattooed on the surface and on your bone as well.
When I die and all my flesh is gone, the parts that I worked the hardest for (not jumping or wincing or bitching out on) will be there, on my bones forever.

I want everything to mean something.
This sure as hell does.

No comments: