Sunday, June 1, 2008

June

It's June 1, 2008.
All I can do is reflect on how fast the last few months have gone. I feel like I could almost justify pinching my own cheeks and telling myself how much I've grown. Everything since winter break has been a blur, and when I look back at the time and the stuff I've done, it hits me.

I am happier than I've ever been.

I feel like my life is very much my own these days. I'm past the point where every kid thinks they can do it alone. I take help where it's offered, and when i need it. The rest I do for myself and it means me figuring things out along the way.

When living borders on being frightening or unpredictable, you're most likely to act in ways that surprise you and the people around you. It takes a bit of chaos to bring out the best in a lot of people. Unfortunately, it occasionally reveals darker bits of the person too.

I feel comfortable getting to that point, because I want everyone to know what I'm like when things really matter. I'd like people to know what I will think and do when everything means something.

That's been my pseudo-motto since last summer.
Apply it to life, and you'll find yourself caring more about everyone and everything in it.

No comments: