Monday, April 28, 2008

First post!

I think all of the time, but I never write anything down unless it turns into a song. This is a change I thought a lot about making, and I'll see if I keep up with it.

Today,
Evan and I faxed out some documents to get our songs played on TV. I'm having a hard time dealing with everything going on, because it doesn't make any sense to me. I've been playing music for six years now, and it's blown up in just the last eight months.
It's super flattering when people know words or reference the music I make, but I still haven't figured out exactly how to react. I think i find it confusing because just about every word I write relates directly to me and my life, but people relate in totally different ways than I anticipated.

So besides that, let's talk subject matter. Almost all of my songs are about somebody. The last CD is primarily on one subject (the sadder songs) with one exception. The new stuff is almost all about the amazing girl I'm with. One song is a left-over and relates back to the first person, and then there's issues with a song which is unspecific. I always need to be super careful and let everyone know what stuff is about so that nobody worries or gets the wrong idea.
The next CD comes out in July, but I'm dying to release it so that people can hear my new take on things. Life is so different than six months ago that the first release means almost nothing to me. Playing is about the moment, and not the song, so I love it for the time and place.

Forgive me; I wrote a small book. I want to show everyone what this stuff means to me now. If you're interested, check back every few days. I'll try and stay on top of this as much as possible.

I want everything to mean something.
Nick

1 comment:

frubafreak17 said...

you know...
it's so refreshing to see someone writing something like "I want everything to mean something".
It's like a I'm a broken record, but I'll say it again anyways... [assuming I ever said this to you]
It's too bad people around here can't think like myself... or like you... or the rest of the people I have made friends with where my family lives.
Seems the farther north you go, the nicer, fairer, more appealing people get.
maybe I should go to the northern most part of the planet and meet some penguins :P