Monday, August 11, 2008

Plectronics

I went back and redid the very first Title song today. I tore the track to pieces, and rebuilt it from the ground up. I did it the right way, the way I didn't know how a year ago. Sept 16 will be the one year anniversary of The Title, and I felt like the song was deserving of a second time around.

I put 10 hours into the track after it was first done, to get it ready for the EP. I put 10 more hours into it today, and it's beautiful. New instruments, drums, mixing, vocals, sequencing, fucking everything. It's shiny and new.

We took the impersonality out of our myspace. We no longer automatically approve people adding us, and we comment back everyone we can. We went from 930 plays last night to 3200+ tonight. I think I know what we were missing.

I sent our stuff to a whole bunch of my closest friends today, in efforts to get it out there further.

We're approaching our anniversary. I want The Title to have a 1year to remember.

No comments: